The boys absolutely loved learning about and experiencing Halloween! They picked out their own costumes - Vlady picked Venom (black Spiderman) and Alexei picked Batman! The best time was on Halloween morning when they put on their costumes before going to school and they got into character. Vlady slinging webs and Alexei flying around with arms out in the air. They got to trick-or-treat at school among many other Halloween activities. They were pretty tired when I picked them up so we layed around and watched Spongebob until dinner to rest and re energize before the neighborhood trick-or-treat. As we went along the neighborhood the boys' energy grew and they became ecstatic. Alexei would come up to me and kiss me after coming back from knocking on a door. He was so happy. We then came home and looked through the candy and sorted and counted and talked about all the candy. I asked Vlady how long it would take him to eat all of it and he answered "7 days." I think it might take until 2009 though!!! The holidays are so much fun with the kids. They are learning it and feeling it for the first time and it's so amazing to watch them. We are now talking about Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't think there will be a spot in the house that won't be decorated for Christmas. We are going to make it so special for them as this will be their first. We took them to church for the first time last week. I asked Vlady on the way home what he thought about it and said it was good. He commented on the colorful windows (stained glass) and that the priest gave him a sandwich (bread at communion) - hehehe. They did pretty well and seem interested to go back. They seem to be getting bigger and bigger each day. We need to weigh and measure them soon. Vlady is interested in having a mohawk. I said that he can have one at home but when we go to school he needs to comb it down. I never thought I would be that stuffy. When he's older and still wants one he can decide and wear it. But he does look really cute with a mohawk...okay, I'm done with the mohawk talk. I took a stab at cutting Alexei's hair but I think we will need to visit a barber! Vlady thinks about and talks about Russia much more now that he is comfortable and secure with us. We want to keep the communication open and honest and age appropriate. We understand how hard it must be for both of them and with love and instilling confidence we hope that we can make the hurt and grief as manageable as possible. We are thinking of getting a gerbil or hamster that they can take care of. They do well with Jotsi and really have an affinity for animals. Vlady made me turn and help a dog that was going onto the street. I wasn't going to turn back because they were both in the car but he was persistent so I made the uturn. We went back and the dog I think went back off the street onto his porch. I told Vlady it was nice of him to care so much for the dog. Their English is great and Alexei talks so much more now. It's wonderful to hear him speak. Vlady has a very sharp memory. If we tell him once what something is he will remember it. Okay, off to get breakfast ready. Alexei always wants cereal with bananas and Vlady always wants waffles and bananas. They are good eaters!
Love you and enjoy this Thanksgiving season. We have so much to be thankful for!
Jayne, Rich, Vlady, Alexei and Jotsi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How fun. I love the part about Alex coming back and kissing you each time. Precious! Looking forward to our kite flying adventures today. I'm off to buy dowels and string!
XOXOXO
Post a Comment