Sunday, July 20, 2008
Yum Yum
Hi there! I'll write a quick update while they play before I get ready to make dinner. I don't know where to begin so I'll just start writing about what pops up in my head. We will have been home for 3 months on August 2nd and the boys have really developed their language. Since Vlady began Oralingua his English has really improved. Vlady gets excited to go to school and sometimes will wake up before we do to start getting ready. He will go to Oralingua for the month of July for half days. It's really nice that he gets to go in with Rich too. Since he loves school so much we will most likely send him in the fall to a pre-K classroom. Alex and I have been keeping busy during the time that Papa and Vlady are at school. We will get up, watch PBS, have breakfast, get dressed, brush teeth, make our beds, take Jotsi for a walk, play outside, have a snack, etc. On Tuesday's we go to the library and I let him play on the computers they have there in the children's area. He loves it and has quickly learned how to use the mouse and how to click to open things up. On Thursdays we go back to the library for story hour. It keeps Alex's attention for alittle while but he will look back at me to make sure I'm there and to ask if he can leave the circle. I smile and tell him to look at the teacher. He does it about 3 times and for the rest of the time he's paying attention off and on. I think he enjoys the computer more but we'll continue to go. When his language improves the story hour will be more interesting as well. Vlady doesn't need glasses so that's great news. His vision is fine. They are both healthy and happy despite all the bruises, scrapes, and cuts they seem to collect throughout the day. Oh and two days ago Vlady learned to ride a bike without training wheels!!!!! I went outside and he was riding around with Rich following him! We couldn't believe it. Rich thought he was ready and took the training wheels off and away he went. He told Rich, "let go, let go" - he was so eager to try it! Vlady has no fear. We need to get him a NO FEAR t-shirt. We play hide-n-seek in the backyard alot now. They really love it. They are funny...they love to hide in the most conspicuous spots and they also like to tell me where the other one is hiding when I'm "it." They still always want me to be "bubeyeushka" (monster) and chase them all over the yard. They have been enjoying swimming, the beach, playgrounds, walks, playing with Jotsi, and eating!!! They are very happy boys generally walking around the backyard singing and exploring. Alex had his first visit to the ER about 3 weeks ago. He was on his bike and ran into the grill and made a deep gash on his forehead. Instead of stitches he got glue over the gash to hold it together. They said that they don't use stitches on little kids as it's too traumatic. The cut has healed very nicely too. We kept it clean and put anti-biotic ointment and a band-aid on it everyday. He looked cute with his Spongebob and Scooby Doo band-aids on his forehead!!! Today is the first day it didn't need a band-aid. In about one more day it should be totally healed. The boys like music and Alex really enjoys dancing. We need to see if they are interested in the piano. The boys enjoy the routine of everyday life. They like to stick to their routine at all costs. If we skip something we will hear about it! So we try to tow the line. Okay, I'm off to make dinner now. I'll post more a little later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment